Thom rating: 3 of 5 Star because although the technology seems very favorable and interesting the cost to purchase one is high enough to make it a 3 or even a 2 star.
- Swim 2x per week working up to 1200 yards per swim.
- Bike 1-2x per week, 20-25 miles ea
,,logging seat time.
- Run 1x on road, 1-2x on elliptical, MIIT (medium intensity), 1.5-2 miles ea.
- 3 classes a week.
- Shoulder and hip stability muscles
- second leg workout using BFR training bands.
- Mobility focus on hips.
- 2 15-20 minute sauna sessions after training.
Personal challenge / goal
- Community Fitness Gym row challenge for the month of January.
- progressive training to get a muscle up using Ring Thing from Power Monkey
- Continue to focus on core exercises 5x per week.
- develop 1 training plan to improve an athletes power, strength, mobility, and balance in such a way that he/she can take my plan pattern and make his/her own workouts in the future.
Personal growth plan- Education / Research / Documentation
- Research Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and how to best utilize it in my training.
- Research Nootropic supplements and their benefits to training and specifically reaction time improvement.
- Exercise / condition focus on upper back / neck to improve postue & balance.
- Listen & take notes to min 5 podcasts & 2 books.
Personal diet plan
- utilize Modified KETO diet by playing with adding more carbs at different times of the day
- eat 4 meals a day in an effort to put on some size taking advantage of insulin reset theory of mine.
- Gain 1-2 lbs of muscle.
Day off from training
Light Lower body workout
20 min on Elliptical
20 min in sauna
road 20 miles at leisurely pace in 1:20:00s
kept HR between 120-130 BPM
Tried reduced blood flow training using 5 exercises:
- box step ups
- air squats on bosu ball
- leg extensions
- leg curls
- calf raises
- Use lighter weight 30% 1RM for higher reps.
- did 25-30 reps, rest 30s 15-20 reps, rest 30s, 10-15 reps
did multiple sets of lower, middle, & upper core between leg sets.
Notes from Saturday:
spent Friday night on East coast because of a LCS soccer game so didn’t get a normal routine in. Got home about 3:00 pm. Went to gym for light leg/core workout where I experimented with a RBF workout (restricted blood flow).
Diet was non-routine as well. Ate eggs at Hampton in, then lunch at PDQ, and normal shake at home, then some snack food at a party that the wife and I attended.
21-15-9 Thrusters (75lbs) & Pull ups (Sx)
Deep Tissue Massage by Scott Morton
Cyro sauna treatment by Mike Knaisch of Lakeland Cryo & Recovery