Breanna hitting a PR in bench press for a weight of 90 lbs.
Good coaching resource for Triathlons, specializing in periodization and training planing.
Notes from Interview
- Perfect periodization. The case for separating volume and intensity in a model for training.
- Volume is sometimes underrated. Intensity is appealing but isn’t always the solution to better results.
- Modulating volume and intensity in training for better
- Connective tissue takes longer to adapt than muscle tissue. Why this is important for
- Predicting injury with machine learning. Variables to consider.
- Predicting athlete injury:
- Training and non-training factors. Using HRV to understand the bigger picture of performance.
- The stress of competition changes how your body handles heat, hydration, energy regulation and more.
Light Lower body workout
20 min on Elliptical
20 min in sauna
road 20 miles at leisurely pace in 1:20:00s
kept HR between 120-130 BPM
Tried reduced blood flow training using 5 exercises:
- box step ups
- air squats on bosu ball
- leg extensions
- leg curls
- calf raises
- Use lighter weight 30% 1RM for higher reps.
- did 25-30 reps, rest 30s 15-20 reps, rest 30s, 10-15 reps
did multiple sets of lower, middle, & upper core between leg sets.
Notes from Saturday:
spent Friday night on East coast because of a LCS soccer game so didn’t get a normal routine in. Got home about 3:00 pm. Went to gym for light leg/core workout where I experimented with a RBF workout (restricted blood flow).
Diet was non-routine as well. Ate eggs at Hampton in, then lunch at PDQ, and normal shake at home, then some snack food at a party that the wife and I attended.
21-15-9 Thrusters (75lbs) & Pull ups (Sx)
Deep Tissue Massage by Scott Morton
Cyro sauna treatment by Mike Knaisch of Lakeland Cryo & Recovery
Swim 1000 yards
Easy Interval runs for 30 min.
1 minute jog, 2 minute walk
Strength: Heavy push press @ 175lbs
WOD: 9-min AMRAP
- 5x HSPU
- 10x T2W
- 15x D/U
- 5x Pull ups
Score: 6 rounds complete
1.5 hours of a BJJ class with son Caden.